19th century Edit
- Lady is built.
- The Estate Railway is built and opened.
- John Arnold Norramby is born.
- Novelty, Sans Pareil, Stephenson's Rocket and Stephen are built.
- Stephen is bought to the Estate Railway.
- The Cronk and Harwick Railway is built and opened.
- The Sodor & Mainland Railway is built and opened.
- Rajiv is built.
- Wendell is built.
- Plateway from Ward Fell to Balladwail is closed.
- Skarloey arrived on Sodor for the opening of the Skarloey Railway.
- Rheneas is built and arrives on Sodor.
- Agnes, Ruth, Lucy, Jemima and Beatrice are built for the Skarloey Railway.
- Dolgoch, Smudger and Jennings are built.
- Skarloey has trailing wheels added to improve stability and has a cab installed.
- The Arlesdale Tramway is built and opened.
- The Arlesdale Tramway Engines and Tim are built.
- Jennings arrives on Sodor and is added side plates.
- Rheneas has a cab installed.
- The Wellsworth & Suddery Railway is built and opened.
- Colin, Lily, Adam and No. 4 are built and arrive on Sodor.
- The Arlesdale Tramway is closed.
- The Arlesdale Tramway Engines are scrapped after Tim and Jennings are abandoned.
- The people of Peel Godred plan for a railway to be built.
- Theo is built.
- Hunslet is built.
- Hunslet arrives on Sodor.
- Freddie is built.
- Captain Baxter is built.
- Mountanieer is scrapped.
- Duke, Bertram, Mistress and Pioneer are built.
- Mighty Mac is built.
- Freddie arrives on Sodor.
- Duke, Smudger, Mistress and Bertram are shipped to Sodor.
- The Mid-Sodor Railway is opened.
- Tim and Jennings are restored and sold to Mid Sodor Railway
- Hunslet is left Sodor until his return in 1893.
- Sir Topham Hatt I is born.
- Boxhill is built.
- Cromford is built.
- Victoria and Helena are built for the Furness Railway.
- Pioneer is renumbered 6.
- Albert is rebuilt, arrives on Sodor and took Pioneer's replace the number 5.
- Charles Henry Norramby is born.
- The Elsbridge & Knapford Railway is built and formed.
- 1020 is built.
- Gina is built.
- Frederick Regaby dies aged N/A; Albert Regaby succeeds to his barony.
- Freddie is bought to the Mid-Sodor Railway.
- David Hugh I is born.
- Norman is built.
- Albert is rebuilt.
- Norman arrives on Sodor.
- Mistress's boiler hit a gunshot and scrapped.
- Pioneer fell off the Mountain Road and scrapped.
- Bertram is renumbered 10.
- Duchess is built, arrives on Sodor and took Mistress's replace the number 3.
- Master is built, arrives on Sodor and took Bertram's replace the number 4.
- Hunslet returns to Sodor and took Pioneer's replace the number 6.
- Emily's Coaches are built.
- Old Slow Coach is built.
- Emily arrives on Sodor.
- John Arnold Norramby dies aged 72.
- Bert is built.
- Topham Hatt is apprenticed at Swindon Works.
- Construction on the Culdee Fell Railway begins.
- Skarloey is overhauled.
- The Saloon Coaches are built.
- Prince is re-tubed.
- Godred, Ernest, Wilfred, Culdee and Shane Dooiney are built and arrive on Sodor.
- The Culdee Fell Railway is opened.
- Godred is scrapped after a fall.
- Percy is built.
- Jim is built.
20th century Edit
- The Culdee Fell Railway is re-opened after receiving further maintenance following the events of Godred's accident.
- Sir Topham Hatt comes to Sodor.
- Lexi is built.
- John is built.
- Prince is re-tubed for a second time.
- Smudger is turned into a generator.
- Bertram took Smudger's replace the number 2.
- Proteus is bought to the Mid-Sodor Railway.
- Hurricane is built.
- Ferdinand is built.
- City of Truro is built.
- Kevin Volley is born.
- One of Toby's Brothers is built.
- George and Buster are built.
- Molly is built.
- City of Truro becomes one of the first engines to reach 100 mph.
- Duchess is going to be scrapped.
- Master is lost and scrapped.
- Falcon is built, arrives on Sodor and took Duchess's replace the number 3.
- Stuart is built, arrives on Sodor and took Master's replace the number 4.
- Flora and her tram coach are built.
- Lady's 100th birthday.
- The Elsbridge & Knapford Railway is extended to Tidmouth along a coastal road.
- Glynn and the Coffee Pots are buily by A.W.Dry & Co's works by Sir Topham Hatt.
- Boxhill is converted into a 2-4-0T.
- Angus is built.
- Lexi and Theo are bought to the Experimental Engines Yard.
- 21st November: Ted Ray is born. Jacon is built
- The Refreshment Lady is born.
- Tidmouth becomes the first town in Sodor to be lit by electricity.
- Russell is built.
- Rainbow Sun is built.
- The Breakdown Train is built.
- 87546 is built.
- 31st December: Flora and her tram coach are escaped to Sodor.
- The line from Knapford to Tidmouth along the coast was destroyed by a strong autumn gale.
- Using a treasury loan, A.W.Dry & Co put unemployed miners to work cutting a tunnel a ridge to Tidmouth.
- The Elsbridge & Knaoford Railway reformed to become to Tidmouth, Knapford and Elsbridge Light Railway.
- Hunslet is left Sodor for a second time until his second return in 1923.
- Jim arrives on Sodor and took Hunslet's replace the number 6.
- Freddie is renumbered 8.
- Atlas is renumbered 9
- Alfred is renumbered 10.
- Tim is rediscovered and took Freddie's replace the number 7.
- John arrives on Sodor.
- Jennings is rediscovered and is renumbered 12.
- The Red Tender Engine is built.
- Bluebell and Primrose are built.
- Sir Topham Hatt marries Jane Brown.
- Falcon has trailing wheels added to improve stability.
- The Elsbridge Viaduct is built.
- Carlos is built.
- Millie is built.
- 15th June: The Reverend W. Awdry is born.
- Barbare Jane, daughter of Sir Topham Hatt, is born.
- Marion is built.
- City of Truro is rebuilt.
- James is built.
- Stepney is rebuilt.
- The Wellsworth & Suddery Railway went bankrupt.
- The Tidmouth, Knapford and Elsbridge Light Railway went bankrupt.
- The Tidmouth, Wellsworth and Suddery Railway is formed from the Tidmouth, Knapford and Elsbridge Railway and the Wellsworth & Suddery Railway.
- Margaret Emily Wale Awdry is born.
- Crosby Tunnel is built and opened.
- Dustin is built.
- Thomas is built.
- Boxhill is restored into an 0-6-0T.
- Hurricane is bought to the Steelworks.
- The Sodor Suspension Bridge is built and opened.
- Lady arrives on Sodor.
- The Sodor & Mainland Railway went bankrupt.
- Emily and Whiff are purchased by Sir Bertram Topham Hatt.
- The North Western Railway is formed from the Sodor & Mainland Railway and the Tidmouth, Wellsworth and Suddery Railway.
- Sir Charles Topham Hatt is born.
- Toby is built.
- 28th July: World War I begins.
- Spencer's Coaches are built.
- Ashima is built.
- The Slip Coaches are built.
- Millie arrives on Sodor.
- The North Western Railway is built.
- Albert Regaby becomes chairman of the North Western Railway.
- Thomas arrives on Sodor.
- Lady is renumbered 3.
- Edward arrives on Sodor and took Lady's replace the number 2.
- The Ballahoo tunnel is built.
- The Sodor Steamworks is established.
- The North Western Railways' Motive Power Depot and Administrative Headquarters at Vicarstown are built.
- The bridge over the Walney Channel is built.
- Mr. Peter Sam is born.
- Henry John Norramby dies aged 61.
- Kevin Volley joins the North Western Railway as a lad/porter at Knapford.
- Victor is built.
- The Cronk and Harwick Railway is unextended to Harwick.
- The Tidmouth-Arlesburgh branch is built and opened.
- Ned is built.
- Tigermoth is built.
- 10th August: George Edward Vere Awdry is born.
- Andreas is built.
- Bash, Dash and Ferdinand are sent to the Mainland.
- Baldwin is built and arrives on Sodor.
- Stafford is built.
- Hank is built.
- Porter is built.
- 98462 is built.
- Robert Charles is born.
- 11th November: World War I ends.
- Lady is left Sodor until his return in 1960.
- The Red Tender Engine took Lady's replace the number 3.
- Henry is built.
- Albert is scrapped.
- Victoria and Helena are turned into non-wheel coaches.
- Big Mickey is built.
- Freddie is renumbered 13.
- Jerry is built, arrives on Sodor and took Freddie's replace the number 8.
- Little Barford is built.
- The building begins on Gordon at Doncaster.
- The Vicar of Wellsworth, Charles Lexay is born.
- Sir Handel Brown marries Dorothy Lloyd.
- Thomas is officially sold to the North Western Railway.
- 16th April: Alan Pegler is born.
- Bulstrode is built.
- Prince is rebuilt.
- Ryan is built.
- Oliver the Excavator is built.
- Cranky is built.
- Edward is officially sold to the North Western Railway.
- Mr. Ivo Hugh is born.
- Kevin Volley is promoted to a porter.
- Julia Lang is born.
- Edward Thomas is built.
- The last engine of Toby's Brothers is built.
- Norman went back to his heritage railway.
- Edward returns to the North Western Railway.
- Gordon is built.
- The Red Tender Engine's number removed.
- Henry arrives on Sodor and took he to replace The Red Tender Engine's number 3.
- Henry is overhauled.
- 98462 and 87546 arrive on Sodor and are shortly sent packing.
- Luke is built.
- Patrick is built.
- Baldwin is rebuilt.
- Flying Scotsman is built.
- The Peel Godred Power Company and the North Western Railway planned to build a new branch line.
- Baldwin is sent to work on the Sodor Aluminium Works.
- Hunslet returns to Sodor for a second time.
- Gordon arrives on Sodor and took the Express Coaches much to 98462's dismay.
- Sir Topham Hatt becomes General Manager of the North Western Railway.
- A second before is cut for the Ballahoo tunnel after Henry stops in the original.
- Rex is built.
- Victor and Luke are shipped to Sodor.
- Luke is overhauled and bought to the Skarloey Railway.
- Victor is repainted Red.
- Kevin is built and arrives on Sodor.
- The Anopha Quarry is established.
- Thomas returns to Sodor.
- Lemberg is built.
- 20th August: The Reverend Teddy Boston is born.
- Sir Handel Lloyd Brown II is born.
- Jinty is built.
- The NWR/LMS agreement.
- The North Western Railway starts running to Barrow-in-Furness.
- 98462 and 87546 are sent to the LNER.
- The Red Tender Engine went back to his/her heritage railway.
- James arrives on Sodor, overhauled and is rebuilt.
- The Motive Power Depot and Administrative Headquarters are moved to Tidmouth.
- The Sodor Steamworks is expanded.
- Pretty Polly is built.
- Molly is escaped to Sodor.
- The Toryreck mines begin to decline.
- Thomas' Branch Line is extended to Ffarquhar.
- Glynn is overhauled.
- The Sodor Aluminium Works is formed.
- 21st April: Queen Elizabeth II is born.
- Caroline is built.
- Nia is built.
- Elizabeth is built.
- Fergus is built.
- Isobella is built.
- Byron is built.
- Kevin Volley becomes a booking clerk of Elsbridge.
- The road bridge crossing River Els at Elsbridge is widened to accommodate more traffic.
- Trevor is built.
- Nelson is built.
- Vicarstown is rebuilt.
- Caitlin is built.
- Marklin is built.
- Vicarstown Sheds is closed.
- Smudger is moved to Cas-ny-Hawin mine.
- Duncan is built.
- Vere Awdry dies aged 74.
- King James I is built.
- Diesel 10 and Lady arrive and shortly left sodor
- Lady is destroyed by Diesel 10.
- Rex is rebuilt.
- Isabel and Dulcie are built.
- Alice and Mirabel are built.
- March 31st: Duck is built.
- The Spiteful Break Van is built.
- Hugo is built.
- Logan is built.
- Bertie is built.
- The Great Depression begins.
- Blister I and Blister II are built.
- Pug is built.
- Prince is overhauled.
- Stanley is built.
- Little Giant is withdrawn and scrapped.
- Tom Tipper's Post Van is built.
- Foreign Engine is built.
- Oliver is built.
- No. 4 is left Sodor and is unnumbered.
- Neil, Clive, Matthew, Colin, Lily and Adam are left Sodor until his return in 2009.
- Terence is built and arrives on Sodor.
- Percy arrives on Sodor,
- Albert Regaby steps down from his position as NWR chairman.
- Gator is built.
- Henry is sent to be rebuilt at Crewe into an LMS Stanier Class 5 following his crash with the Flying Kipper.
- The Isle of Man steamers stopped arriving at Arlesburgh, so the traffic to Peel Godred had stopped too.
- Hiro is built and arrives on Sodor.
- Bradford is built.
- Spencer is built.
- Peter is built.
- William is built.
- Green Arrow is built.
- Mr. Fergus Duncan is born.
- Sir Topham Hatt is promoted from General Manager to Managing Director.
- The mountain section of the Mid Sodor Railway is closed.
- The Mid Sodor bogie saloon stock along with 3 of 6 engines are sold.
- Kevin Volley becomes Stationmaster at Ffarquhar.
- Hector is built.
- Vinnie is built.
- Prince is withdrawn.
- Stephen is going to be scrapped.
- Rheneas is overhauled.
- Sir Charles Topham Hatt goes for railway service overseas.
- Kelly is built.
- Barbara Jane marries Henry Regaby, Viscount Harwick.
- 3rd March: Mallard is built.
- Mallard sets the world speed record for a steam engine of 126 mph.
- Duchess of Hamilton is built.
- Connor is built.
- Lorries 1, 2 and 3 are built.
- Gordon is rebuilt at Crewe.
- 1st September: World War II begins.
- Sir Charles Topham Hatt returns from railway overseas to enlist with the Royal Engineers.
- Axel is built.
- Butch is built.
- 2nd July: Christopher Awdry is born.
- Sir Charles Topham Hatt marries Amanda, daughter of Mr. Jabez.
- Richard Robert Norramby is born.
- Toad is built.
- Harwick is bought up until the closure in 1950.
- Bridget Amanda Hatt is born.
- Rheneas takes over the majority of the workload of the Skarloey Railway.
- Robert Charles is killed in action while in North Africa.
- Patrick is built.
- Sixteen is built.
- Shane is built.
- Pretty Polly is rebuilt.
- 12th May: The first book of the Railway Series is published.
- Sir Charles Topham Hatt is demolished from the Royal Engineers and spends a further period overseas.
- The Mid Sodor Railway mines are closed one by one.
- Bertram is lost in a mine.
- 2nd September: World War II ends.
- Captain is built.
- Sam is built.
- Rocky is built.
- Rebecca is built.
- The Cas-ny-Hawin mine is flooded.
- Smudger is finally broken down and scrapped.
- 12th April: Hilary Fortnam is born.
- Arthur is built.
- The Mid Sodor Railway and the Tidmouth-Arlesburgh branch are closed.
- Duke is sheeted and abandoned in a shed.
- Albert, Jim, Atlas, Alfred, John and Jennings are bought to another railway.
- Falcon and Stuart are purchased by the aluminum works at Peel Godred for an expansion project.
- Proteus is abandoned in a generator until 1952.
- Albert Regaby dies aged 83; Henry Regaby succeeds in his Viscounty.
- Flying Scotsman is rebuilt.
- 1st January: The North Western Railway becomes officially known as "North Western Region of British Railways".
- Mr. Roger Sam is born.
- Sir Topham Hatt has celebrated a Baronet on his appointment as Chairman of the Regional Executive, after Nationalisation.
- The claybeds near Brendam are discovered.
- Bill and Ben are built and arrive on Sodor.
- Nigel is built.
- Sir Haydn is abandoned.
- Hannah is withdrawn.
- Sir Handel Brown I dies aged 75; Handel Lloyd Brown succeeds in his Baronetcy.
- David Hugh II is born.
- The Cronk and Harwick Railway is closed.
- Carlos is re-gauged to standard gauge.
- Falcon and Stuart are sheeted.
- Toby and Henrietta arrive on Sodor.
- Toby's tramway closes down.
- Hiro is overhauled.
- Toby is bought by the North Western Railway.
- Elsie arrives on Sodor.
- The Coffee Pots are scrapped.
- Sir Handel Lloyd Brown marries Rachael Qualtrough.
- David Hugh I retires.
- Mr. Peter Sam becomes the Thin Controller.
- Sir Haydn is purchased by the Talyllyn Railway.
- Tracy is built.
- Trevor is purchased by the Vicar.
- Trevor is sent to be scrapped.
- Edward is overhauled.
- Rheneas is overhauled for a second time.
- Stuart and Falcon are purchased by the Skarloey Railway and renamed "Peter Sam" and "Sir Handel".
- Proteus and Little Barford are bought to the aluminum works replacing Stuart and Falcon.
- Skarloey is overhauled for a second time.
- Cora is purchased for the Skarloey Railway.
- Sir Charles Topham Hatt returns to Sodor, to become Chief Mechanical Engineer at Crovan's Gate and general assistant to his father.
- Diesel, the Mainland Diesels, Sidney, Splatter, Dodge and Paxton are built.
- Molly is withdrawn.
- Barry is built.
- The Red Engines are crashed into other engines and scrapped.
- Queen Elizabeth II visits Sodor.
- Nancy is born.
- Wilbert is built.
- The Ministry of Defence approached Sir Handel II to buy the newly worked out slate quarry.
- The Ministry of Defence Engine is built for the Skarloey Railway.
- Sir Topham Hatt I retires.
- Sir Topham Hatt II becomes the Fat Controller.
- Rebecca Dorothy Brown is born.
- Sir Handel and Peter Sam are given buffers.
- Ballast from the North Western Railway begins to be obtained for the Skarloey Railway.
- Dolgoch is overhauled.
- Murdoch is built.
- Prince is rediscovered.
- Ètienne is built.
- Duck arrives on Sodor.
- Percy is sent to Thomas' Branch Line.
- Mark V is built for the Skarloey Railway.
- Gertrude and Millicent are bought by the Skarloey Railway.
- Ada is built for the Skarloey Railway.
- Sir Topham Hatt I dies aged 76; Charles Topham Hatt his father's baronetcy.
- Jane is built for the Skarloey Railway.
- Knapford Junction is moved to the north of the River Els.
- Kevin Volley becomes stationmaster at Knapford.
- Foreign Engine visits Sodor.
- Jinty and Pug visit Sodor.
- City of Truro visits Sodor.
- Diesel visits Sodor.
- Mabel is built for the Skarloey Railway.
- Ada, Jane and Mabel arrive on Sodor.
- Rusty is built and arrives on Sodor. Mr. Ivo Hugh becomes his driver.
- Sir Haydn is withdrawn.
- Freida is built.
- Talyllyn is rebuilt.
- Bulgy is built.
- Peter Sam has an accident with some slate trucks at the quarry.
- Duncan arrives on Sodor.
- Skarloey returns from being mended.
- BBC producers make a documentary about the Skarloey Railway.
- BoCo is built.
- Frankie is built.
- Diesel 10 is built.
- Donald and Douglas arrive on Sodor.
- The Spiteful Break Van is crushed by Douglas.
- Oliver is rebuilt
- Thomas crashes into the Stationmaster's house during breakfast.
- Daisy arrives on Sodor.
- Percy has a predicament.
- Old Stuck-Up and Bowler are built.
- Peter Sam loses his funnel from an icicle hanging in the tunnel and is replaced by a Giesl injector.
- Sir Handel races George and is later teased by some boys.
- Rheneas returns from being overhauled.
- Mavis is built and arrives on Sodor.
- Stepney visits Sodor.
- Bowler visits Sodor.
- Lord Harry, Alaric and Eric arrive on Sodor.
- Culdee returns from being overhauled in Switzerland.
- Lord Harry is renamed, Patrick.
- Skarloey's 100th anniversary.
- Bear is built.
- Rheneas' 100th anniversary.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.