He is a strong silver tank engine, who is a little stronger and a little faster than Thomas. He is a hard worker, and often shunts trucks, serving as the station pilot at Knapford Station alongside Stafford, Philip, etc. He also was rebuilt by the time of Saving Pirate Ryan, due to a crash.
- Season 7: Stanley, Whiff, and the Troublesome Dumptrucks
- Season 9: Paxton's Gains and Pains
- Season 10: Coal Crisis (cameo) and Toad the Brakevan: Missing in Action (deleted scene)
- Season 11: Just Duck's Luck and Spencer Goes Too Far
- Season 12: Greetings, Montague!, Gordon's Last Hurrah (mentioned)
- Season 13: Duck and the Quack Attack
- Season 14: S.C.Ruffey's Sweet Tooth (cameo), Flat Stanley, and Hatt Trick (does not speak)
- Season 15: Roundhouse Roulette (cameo), Nightmare on Sodor, Ice Ice Daisy (cameo)
- Season 16: Henry's Hill, Bye Bye Bertie (cameo), Painting the Rosie's Red, Bad News Bear and Knock it Off, Stanley
- Season 17: Unidentified Flying Scotsman (cameo), Bold Slow Coach (does not speak), Wellsworth the Wait (cameo), Toby, Or Not Toby, Thomas' Crown Affair, Rocked by a Hurricane
Stanley is a Hudswell Clarke/Kitson No. 5459 "Austin I" hybrid.