Paxton nicknamed Pax is a diesel shunter.
Paxton first arrived at the Diesel Sheds where Sir Topham Hatt found him along with "Devious" Diesel, 'Arry, Bert and Dennis and then after Paxton came out he saw Sir Topham Hatt having two workmen distruct the Magic Buffers because he thinks the buffers "are nothing but trouble".
Later, Stanley met this diesel near the Diesel Sheds. And Paxton later arrived at Knapford Station where he met Thomas and where Thomas explained to Paxton to talk to James; Paxton did and James tricked Paxton and James had thought he was The Flying Scotsman but Paxton had spotted the differences.
Edward decided to go tank engine and James sneaked out with Edward's tender and it was painted red. He later arrived near the Brown Turntable and the engines were surprised.
Later, Paxton was mentioned by Norman (Dennis' twin) by the Magic Buffers when two workmen were trying to destroy the Magic Buffers. And later Paxton was taking two Sodor Fuel Tankers and met Toby and Toby's new friend, Flora at a junction.
They were talking for a while but the guard blew his whistle and Toby left. Later Paxton met Douglas and two more engines at The Yard which is now near the Brown Turntable; but Paxton had feared his tenure and was stuck on the Brown Turntable when the Brown Turntable accidently stopped.
- Season 9: Railway Stowaway and Paxton's Gains and Pains
- Season 10: A Normal Day for Dennis (mentioned), Paranoid Paxton, and Norman Invasion (mentioned)
- Season 11: Fergus' Day Off (cameo),Stepney and the Bluebell Branchline (does not speak), Big City Rumor, Just Duck's Luck (cameo), and BoCo and the Cocoa (cameo)
- Season 12: The Importance of Being Billy, Mavis Matrix (does not speak), Rheneas and the Risky Rendezvous (does not speak), If The Dome Fits and Sidney the Renegade
- Season 13: Ivo Hugh's Day at the Zoo (cameo), Sideplates and Skirmishes (cameo) and How Gator Stole Christmas (cameo)
- Season 14: Double-Decker-Wrecker, Hiro and the Heat Wave (cameo),