"I'm a Really Splendid Engine."
— James' Catchphrase
This is Number #5
James is a Red Mixed Traffic Tender Engine. He thinks himself as The "Pride of the Line" and brags that He's Splendid.
Bio:[edit | edit source]
James is a Mixed Traffic Engine, He can Pull Both Coaches and freight cars, he is very vain and thinks He is really Splendid.
Backstories:[edit | edit source]
But He was soon put Back on Track by Thomas.
And now works on Sir Topham Hatt's Railway.
Appearances:[edit | edit source]
- Season 1: Stepney's Problem, A Scottish Tale, Toby and the New Engine, Wilbert to the Rescue, Wilbert and Tigermoth, Frank and the Trucks (cameo), Gordon Plays a Trick and Murdoch and the Express (cameo)
- Season 2: James' Tender Trouble, A Flying Surprise (cameo), Jealous James, Old Slow Coach (cameo), The Flying Scotsman Returns (does not speak), Save Sir Topham Hatt, Thomas Helps a Friend, The Daring Duel and The Flying Scotsman Departs
- Season 3: Hideous Henry, George the Steamroller (cameo), Rusty Rocks the Railway, New Engine Fever (does not speak), Toby's New Cowcatchers, Mike's Ice Cream Party, Clumsy Culdee, S.C. Ruffey and the Foolish Freight Cars (cameo), Trouble on the Track, Donald Visits the Scrapyard and Frank and Fred the Orange Coal Car (does not speak)
- Season 4: All For One and One For James, Catherine's Story (cameo), Rosie's Wild Ride and Naughty Engines
- Season 5: The Express Turkey, Lorry's Challenge, Boastful Billy, A Windy Day For BoCo, Edward the Unreliable Engine (does not speak), Daisy's Big Disaster, New Heights for Harold (cameo) and Snow Can't Stop Us
- Season 6: Gordon's Flying Kipper, Boulder's Express Route, An Old Friend Returns, Little Engines, Big Help (does not speak), Trucks Galore! (cameo), Rollover Rusty (brief cameo), Listen to Gordon and An Opportunity of a Lifetime (cameo)
- Season 7: Neville the Newcomer, Molly's Folly
- Season 8: Bulstrode and the Fisherman, Tick-Tock-Jock, The New Controller and Fire at the Sheds
- Season 9: Hankenstein, Tender Bender, Harvey's Second Chance, Paxton's Gains and Pains
- Season 10: Bee Yourself, James, Coal Crisis (cameo), Norman Invasion and Groundhog Gordon
- Season 11: Fergus' Day Off (cameo), Around the Railyard in 64 Seconds (cameo), Big City Rumor, Station Situation, Spencer Goes Too Far, Holly Jolly Molly, Old Square Wheels and Wooden Brakes (mentioned)
- Season 12: Greetings, Montague!, Scottish Blues (cameo), The Importance of Being Billy (cameo), Truckus Ruckus, Gordon's Last Hurrah, Henry's Handcar Havoc, If The Dome Fits, Bulgy Takes the High Road, The Mystery Train, Sidney the Renegade and Vicarstown Takedown
- Season 13: Duck and the Quack Attack, Victor's Loco Motives, Oliver's Fossil Fright (cameo), Who Stole The Coal? and How Gator Stole Christmas (cameo)
- Season 14: Millie's Castle Hassle (cameo), Double-Decker-Wrecker (cameo), Hiro and the Heat Wave, James in a Jam, S.C.Ruffey's Sweet Tooth (mentioned) and Hatt Trick (mentioned)
- Season 15: Roundhouse Roulette, The Maron Station Makeover, Nightmare on Sodor (fantasy), Polar Express Coming Through!, The Island of Misfit Engines
- Season 16: Painting the Rosie's Red, Bowler Strikes Again, Paxman Pulls Through, Ace in the Hole (cameo), Finding Lorry
- The Strange Case of Splatter and Dodge
- Sodor's Last Stand
- Claw of the Law
- Oliver's Eleven
- Saving Pirate Ryan
Basis:[edit | edit source]
James is based on the L&YR Class 28, an 0-6-0 mixed-traffic tender engine built for the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway between 1909 and 1912, designed by George Hughes. It was rebuild of the previous Class 27, with some modifications. James is an experimental rebuild, with a 2-6-0 wheel configuration instead of an 0-6-0 and a Fowler tender.
Trivia:[edit | edit source]
- In the French version of Keekre24's series, James is called Jacques.
- In the Spanish version of Keekre24's series, James is called Diego.