Hiro known as "Master of the Railway" is a big large black wise, Japanese tender engine who was the first engine to arrive on Sodor.
Hiro is built by the Kawasaki Japanese Company. However, Hiro runs on the standard gauge track; while the real D51 engines were built for cape gauge.
- Season 12: Vicarstown Takedown.
- Season 13: It's Good To Be Belle (cameo), Rust or Bust and Sam I Am (cameo)
- Season 14: Millie's Castle Hassle (cameo), Quarry Quest (cameo), Hiro and the Heat Wave and Hatt Trick (cameo)
- Season 15: Roundhouse Roulette (cameo) and The Island of Misfits Engines (cameo)
- Season 16: Sweet Sixteen (cameo), Paxman Pulls Through (cameo) and Victor and Victoria (cameo)
- Season 17: Sidney Transplant (cameo), Big Trouble on the Little Western (cameo), Oliver Confusion (cameo), Diesel Gets the Bronze (cameo), Thomas' Crown Affair