He is a big strong, blue express engine, who is proud and can often be vain. He enjoys pulling the express, and believes it to be the most important job on the railway, and can boast and show off to the other engines about this, as he believes no other engines can pull it as well as he can.
- Season 1: Gordon Plays a Trick
- Season 3: Rusty Rocks the Railway
- Season 12: Scottish Blues (cameo), The Importance of Being Billy
- Season 14: Double-Decker-Wrecker
- Season 15: Flash Gordon, The Island of Misfit Engines (does not speak)
- Season 16: Henry's Hill, Luke Dukes It Out (cameo), Painting the Rosie's Red, Bad News Bear, Bowler Strikes Again, Throw Topham from the Train
Gordon is a A1/1 / A0 LNER Pacific. This makes him a cousin of Spencer, Mallard and Ryan, as they are all engines designed by Sir Nigel Gresley.