He is a big strong, blue express engine, who is proud and can often be vain. He enjoys pulling the express, and believes it to be the most important job on the railway, and can boast and show off to the other engines about this, as he believes no other engines can pull it as well as he can.
- Season 1: Stepney's Problem, A Scottish Tale, Gordon Plays a Trick
- Season 2: James' Tender Trouble, Save Sir Topham Hatt and The Daring Duel
- Season 3: Rusty Rocks the Railway
- Season 5: The Express Turkey
- Season 6: Listen to Gordon
- Season 7: Molly's Folly and Terence's Train
- Season 8: The New Controller and Fire at the Sheds
- Season 9: Tender Bender, Harvey's Second Chance,
- Season 10: Bee Yourself, James, Coal Crisis and Groundhog Gordon
- Season 11: Stepney and the Bluebell Branchline (does not speak), The Great Western Way (mentioned), Big City Rumor, Just Duck's Luck, Spencer Goes Too Far, Holly Jolly Molly, Old Square Wheels, Wooden Brakes and BoCo and the Cocoa
- Season 12: Greetings, Montague!, Scottish Blues (cameo), The Importance of Being Billy, Gordon's Last Hurrah, If The Dome Fits, Bulgy Takes the High Road, Sidney the Renegade and Vicarstown Takedown
- Season 13: Duck and the Quack Attack, Bert's Arlesdale Fail, Who Stole The Coal?, Toad Gets Towed (mentioned) and Hector and Logan's Hot Pursuit
- Season 14: Double-Decker-Wrecker, Dirty 'Arry (mentioned), James in a Jam, S.C.Ruffey's Sweet Tooth (cameo), Flat Stanley (mentioned) and Hatt Trick
- Season 15: Roundhouse Roulette (cameo), Flash Gordon, The Maron Station Makeover, Polar Express Coming Through! (does not speak) and The Island of Misfit Engines (does not speak)
- Season 16: Henry's Hill, Luke Dukes It Out (cameo), Painting the Rosie's Red, Bad News Bear, Bowler Strikes Again, Paxman Pulls Through, Throw Topham from the Train, Ace in the Hole (cameo) and Finding Lorry
- Season 17: Unidentified Flying Scotsman, Bold Slow Coach, Wellsworth the Wait, Big Trouble on the Little Western, Oliver Confusion (cameo), Diesel Gets the Bronze, James and the Giant Screech, Toby, Or Not Toby (cameo), Rocked by a Hurricane (cameo), and Para-Norman Activity
- Season 18: Santa Claws
Gordon is a A1/1 / A0 LNER Pacific. This makes him a cousin of Spencer, Mallard and Ryan, as they are all engines designed by Sir Nigel Gresley.
- Gordon is one of the four vehicles to be available every year of Wooden Railway and Wood since 1993 with the others being Thomas, James, and Percy.