He is a big strong, blue express engine, who is proud and can often be vain. He enjoys pulling the express, and believes it to be the most important job on the railway, and can boast and show off to the other engines about this, as he believes no other engines can pull it as well as he can.
- Season 1: Stepney's Problem, A Scottish Tale, Gordon Plays a Trick
- Season 2: Save Sir Topham Hatt and The Daring Duel
- Season 3: Rusty Rocks the Railway
- Season 5: The Express Turkey
- Season 7: Molly's Folly and Terence's Train
- Season 8: The New Controller and Fire at the Sheds
- Season 9: Tender Bender, Harvey's Second Chance,
- Season 10: Bee Yourself, James, Coal Crisis and Groundhog Gordon
- Season 12: Greetings, Montague!, Scottish Blues (cameo), The Importance of Being Billy
- Season 14: Double-Decker-Wrecker, S.C.Ruffey's Sweet Tooth (cameo), Flat Stanley (mentioned) and Hatt Trick
- Season 15: Roundhouse Roulette (cameo), Flash Gordon, The Maron Station Makeover, Polar Express Coming Through! (does not speak) and The Island of Misfit Engines (does not speak)
- Season 16: Henry's Hill, Luke Dukes It Out (cameo), Painting the Rosie's Red, Bad News Bear, Bowler Strikes Again, Throw Topham from the Train, Ace in the Hole (cameo), Finding Lorry
Gordon is a A1/1 / A0 LNER Pacific. This makes him a cousin of Spencer, Mallard and Ryan, as they are all engines designed by Sir Nigel Gresley.