Bulgy first arrived on Duck's Branchline; He wasn't friendly like Bertie. And he talked really differently to Duck making Duck upset, Bulgy also wanted to "free the roads" like the sign on top of him says.
When Bulgy was stuck, he was under a bridge; the passengers were inside him and were supposed to be in Duck's coaches. Bulgy had stayed in the bridge all nighttime and woke up next morning finding hens.
Bulgy was sent to the Sodor Henhouse; and got a new green livery. He was pleased.
Bulgy is a double-decker bus who wanted to "free the roads". He is different often not by just freeing roads, freeing rails also.
- Season 1: Wilbert, Frank, and the Milk (cameo)
- Season 2: The Flying Scotsman Returns (cameo) and Disaster on Sodor
- Season 3: Toby's New Cowcatchers (cameo)
- Season 9: Help for Bertie
- Season 11: The Great Western Way
- Season 12: Percy Gets a Promotion (cameo), Henry's Handcar Havoc (cameo) and Bulgy Takes the High Road
- Season 13: Ivo Hugh's Day at the Zoo (cameo)
- Season 14: Double-Decker-Wrecker
- Season 15: For Whom The Belle Tolls and A Christmas Caroline
- Season 16: Marion Had a Little Lamb (cameo), Bye Bye Bertie, Paxman Pulls Through (cameo), Victor and Victoria (cameo), and Throw Topham from the Train (does not speak)
- Season 17: Unidentified Flying Scotsman (cameo), Dustin the Really Useless Engine (cameo), Bold Slow Coach (cameo), Sidney Transplant (cameo), Diesel Gets the Bronze (cameo), Toby, Or Not Toby (cameo)